- This event has passed.
November 8 – November 12
Schedule for the Week
Thursday- NO SCHOOL
Watch Anything Goes
Read Tony Tuesday assignment, you can choose to complete it on this week’s choice. Or you can wait for another week. You may turn in the assignment any time during Semester 1. Only one response is required even if you are in two Theatre classes. DUE Wed Dec 16. NO EXCEPTIONS
1- Vocab Week 7
Students will learn how to stretch correctly. Students will learn a dance combination. Students are allowed to bring and change into scrubby clothes for class so they don’t sweat on their school clothes.
Students are expected to rehearse on their own to be ready for in class work.
3- Movement Homework
Students will read and write a response to one article. Response due Friday, 11/19 by 11:59 PM
Response question: Citing the article as evidence, discuss how musicals tell stories through music and dance.
1– Movement homework
Students will read and write a response to one article. Responses due Friday, Nov 19 by 11:59 PM
Response question: Citing the article as evidence, discuss how a director can build trust and loyalty to their Company. Include traditions you want to start with your casts.
RSA Recruitment Information
If you are considering transferring to Roosevelt School of the Arts as a freshman, here is all the information you need!
We offer classes in:
- Drama – a 4 year program
- Stagecraft – 3 levels
- Costuming – 3 levels
- AP Music Theory
- Orchestra – beginning/intermediate and Symphonic Orchestra (advanced)
- Percussion (has a separate percussion specialist as the teacher)
- Latin Jazz
- Piano I and II
- Guitar – beginning and advanced
- Choir – Mixed, Chamber, Advanced Women’s, and Performing Arts Singers
- Video Production/Videography
- Folklorico – 6 sections (2 beginning, 2 intermediate, 2 advanced)
- Dance Exploration (units on various types of dance)
- Tap – beginning, intermediate, advanced
- Jazz (dance) – beginning, intermediate, advanced
- Ballet – beginning, intermediate, advanced
- Hip Hop – Level 1 and Level 2
- Hmong dance
- Theatre Movement – beginning and advanced
Visual Arts classes include:
- Art I and II
- Photo I and II
- AP Art
- AP Art 2D
- 3D Design
- Ceramics I and II