Schedule for the Week
1- Character analysis on 2 monologues
- Name (first and last), gender, age, 3 adjectives
- Where, when
- Create backstory using text analysis
- Every character has answers to every question
2- Read monologues in character
3- Monologue response assignment
- Find 3 published monologues to read and analyze.
- Write a one to two page response discussing the 3 monologues you read.
- Due Friday, April 16, by 11:59 PM
- label period/your name/monologue response
- send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- response style required
- article response directions
- limit 1 song
Response question: Discuss the 3 monologues you read. Cite authors and titles as you discuss each monologue. Which monologue did you like the most? Why? Did you dislike a monologue? Why? Discuss possible characters who could be speaking. Discuss the themes of each monologue, are they effective?
Here are a few links of monologue databases to help you find monologues: